Just a quick update…
Currently I am doing contract sewing for a new accessories site called Gold Coast Goods.
They are company based in California ran by a mother-daughter team in both Northern and Southern California. They create and sell ties, bow ties, neckerchiefs and pocket squares.
I do the initial sewing of the ties – sewing the body together and adding the facings. Jan, the mother, then does the finishing. I’ve found that it takes me 30 minutes or so to do one tie (sorry I am slow). As far as I know they are selling online, in 14 physical stores and are doing orders for a Kickstarter campaign for a group that want to do suits for women (sorry I cannot remember what the company is called). With all those stores it’s difficult to imagine that all the sewing is done just by one person with help from me.
In a month or so a new line will come out for the Holiday season – dark reds, blues, blacks, and grays. I believe the new line is called Napa (all the lines will be taken from different areas in California, but don’t quote me).
Here’s another crocheted top that I did a while ago.
It is based off of a pattern from www.e-pleteni.cz that I got off of Ravelry. Here is a copy of the original pattern:
I added a zipper down the front and lavender and green beads along the zipper. The bust is a little sparse so I wear it with a tank top (usually purple or lavender) underneath.
Well I finished the butterfly crochet top awhile ago, so here it is along with the the graph I used for the butterfly.
I had to remove the straps after the pictures were taken. They were not useful, so the top is now a tube top. I created the butterfly graph in Excel.
It’s been SO long since I have posted anything, I almost forgot I had this blog.
Recently I had been working for a textile manufacturer as a graphic designer. The company would receive work from artists (ie. paintings, drawings, vector art, etc.) and I and other designers would take the art apart and rearrange the motifs into repeat patterns. Everything was done on the computer – we used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. After the patterns were done and sent to the mill, presentations had to be printed. Along with printed pages showing the patterns mock quilts and projects were shown to customers as well. We designers were so good at mocking up the projects, people thought they were actually photographs!
… I’d have done more than just design these. Oh well maybe someday they will get made.
Now that my travel bag is finished, I’m going to work on finishing this top that I started crocheting. It’s got single stitch ribbing from under the bust to the hem and it’s going to have single stitch on the bodice with a butterfly profile motif scattered across it. The ribbing is tri-colored – blue, orange and light green. I think I will make the bodice background the green color and the butterflies the blue and orange. The straps will be different colors – one blue and the other orange. Not sure if this will end up being a sleep/lounge top or one that can be worn out and about. I was thinking of making matching bottoms of some sort, but don’t believe I will have enough yarn left over (unless I make a thong) – we’ll see.
I will put up a picture once it is finished along with the pattern.
Here is my first attempt at sharing a sewing pattern. I had this really cool fabric that I had bought and didn’t know what to do with. It was a heavy red cotton with the names of international fashion capitols painted in white. A little too much for a garment – jacket or skirt – but it turned out great as a bag. I used this light purple fabric I had lying around for the lining – gave great contrast. Now all I need is somewhere to travel to.
International Travel Bag
International Travel Bag Pattern
International Travel Bag Instructions